What If? - Part I

>> Dec 4, 2008

What If...

  • What if I'm just getting old and I don't want to argue anymore?

  • What if i'm okay with being single and I've succumbed to sleeping with random guys whenever it suits me?

  • What if reading online profiles from 20-something kids makes me frustrated because I know I used to say the same ignorant things when i was that age?

  • What if I really just don't give a shit anymore?

  • What if, despite how bitter I sound, life actually teaches us all to think this way over time?

  • What if I just want to have sex and never know your name?

  • What if one day, after we've slept together so many times, I kiss you on the neck and get goosebumps?

  • What if none of this matters anyway?

  • What if I'm actually a really great guy but I've learned not to fall too quickly?

  • What if I feel no remorse for kicking you out after we're done having sex?

  • What if my dog likes you, but I don't?

  • What if you totally suck in bed, but for some reason I just can't wait to see you again?

  • What if you're so full of self-hatred and shame that you're too damn afraid to come out?

  • What if I have no patience for people who use the word "discrete" in their online profiles?

  • What if one day I smiled and you saw the future in the blink of an eye?

  • What if I have the ability to check all my baggage at the door, but you continue to punish me for your past experiences?

  • What if you make a promise that you just can't keep?

  • What if I'm dating your friend, but can't keep my eyes off of you?

  • What if I'm dating you, but I just can't shake the feeling I get whenever I'm around your best friend?

  • What if after we break up all my friends remind me that you're the one I let get away?

  • What if sometimes I'm so eccentric that certain little things you do drive me absolutely crazy?

  • What if my persistence and obsession with perfectionism is too much for you to handle?

  • What if I make all the compromises but you just can't seem to budge on any one vice?

  • What if you swear you're versatile in bed, but you never seem to flip?

  • What if you're too nice too quickly and I loose interest?

  • What if I find myself falling for you even when I know it's supposed to be "just fun"?

  • What if one day I need you more than any other time in my entire life and you're not there to comfort me?

  • What if I open my heart and let you in only to find out later that you cheated on me?

  • What if I just don't have patience anymore and waiting for you to decide if you're going to call two or three days after our first date pisses me off?

  • What if I hear the words "I'm not into the gay scene" one more fucking time makes me go postal on some complete idiot who clearly doesn't respect his homosexuality?

  • What if I'm so god damned angry that I make signs and protest everything anti-gay?

  • What if I'm so tired of religous fanatics cramming their brainwashed ideology down my throat that one day I burn down a fucking church?

  • What if I used to love kids, but now they get on my last nerve?

  • What if sometimes I get so depressed that i wish with all my might I could be a parent?

  • What if one day I wake up and the family that I've struggled to build for so long is suddenly gone?

  • What if I die one day and no one remembers me?

  • What if I grow very old and I find myself lonely without a partner?

  • What if one day every gay person in the world stands up and refuses to go back to work until we have equal rights?

  • What if one day the consumers control the brand and not the other way around?

  • What if one day the people of the world realize we actually have enormous power in numbers?

  • What if I'm so full of ambition but I lack follow-through?

  • What if my actions touch one person in this world and it makes all the difference?

  • What if there really is no such thing as God?

  • What if even though I say I've dealt with my father's death that, secretly, I dream about him almost every night?

  • What if one day I look back on my life and I regret had never doing something when I was younger?

  • What if when I die I'm not actually reunited with family?

  • What if one person reads this, gets inspired and decides to make an impact in the world?

  • What if I woke up one day and decided that 'if' just doesn't matter anymore?

  • What if....

0 comments:

LGBT Activists

LGBT Blogs

  • Hello world! - Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing! The post Hello world! first appeared on queerplanet.
    3 years ago
  • Word of the Gay: "Ghey" - "Ghey" is a postmodern redevelopment of the pejorative usage of the term gay. The term is supposed to convey a sense of being lame or uncool without offend...
    13 years ago

Gay List Daily